Skip Hop is a leading brand of innovative consumer products for new moms and dads. Our products have broad retail distribution in independent, specialty and department stores in the US and around the world, and the brand has strong name recognition amongst today’s generation of parents.
Interested in joining our team? We're always seeking passionate and ambitious talent in product development, design, production, sourcing, sales, finance, operations and merchandising.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include a cover letter explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to Skip Hop's success. Skip Hop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer significant opportunities for growth and advancement for motivated self-starters who are eager to learn.
Below are specific job opportunities for which we're immediately seeking talent. We frequently update this page with new opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
Soft Goods/Toy Designer - FREELANCE
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing new products and packaging from concept sketches through to production specs, with a focus on soft toys and personal accessories. Reviews samples and send feedback to factories throughout the development process. Also manages smaller design projects, including initial research and costing through to final pricing.
· Assisting Senior Designers and Design Director
· Sketching new product concepts
· Specifying new products that follow the Brief
· Communicating with factories and/or modelmakers to develop product samples
· Developing packaging dielines and specifying packaging plans
· Creating concept sheets for use by sales
· Working with Production team to hand off all product specs
· Mocking up products and packaging as needed
4-year degree, preferably in Industrial Design or Graphic Design
3+ years experience in a related field
Excellence in Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Sewing experience a big plus
Reply to: email@example.com
Skip Hop is seeking an exceptional Junior Accountant with consumer products experience to join our growing Accounting team. The person in this role will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Senior Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will be analytical, self-motivated, well organized and detail oriented.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Create, monitor, and post all wire transactions.
- Communicate with international manufacturers on status of payments, and wire details
- Reconciling vendor accounts by verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting records
- Updating routine reports as well as handling month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements
- Participates in annual audits by providing requested information as needed
- Ad hoc projects and assistance on bottom line GL workflow/close as required
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Experience of 2 to 5 years in consumer products company preferred
- Strong Excel Skills
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred